Next event in:

  • 00 DAYS
  • 00 HR
  • 00 MIN
  • 00 SEC

No visa – No problem

Categories: career & jobs,Latest News,Legal

Did you ever think about moving to another country, perhaps somewhere in Europe? Maybe the Netherlands has caught your eye through its work-life balance and laid-back culture? While you are already mentally cycling alongside canals, fear starts to destroy your Dutch dream because you think it is impossible to move there from a non-European country. But do not worry, even when you do not have a European, Norwegian, Swiss, Liechtenstein, or Icelandic nationality, you can move to the Netherlands in no time because no visa-no problem!

visas and work permits in the netherlands highly skilled

Do you need a visa for a short period of time?

If you do not hold any of the nationalities mentioned above and are coming to the Netherlands, you would need a Schengen visa at least for a stay of fewer than 90 days. The Schengen visa allows you to stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days. These 90 days apply to a period of 180 days in a row. After 180 days, you must apply for a new Schengen visa. Do you not need a Schengen visa? Then you can check the website of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) to see how you can stay legally in the Netherlands.

Highly Skilled Immigrant Visa

What happens if I want to stay in the Netherlands for an extended period of time?

If you plan to settle in the Netherlands, you will need authorization for a temporary stay (MVV); however, if you are from certain countries outside the EU, such as the United States or Japan, you do not need to apply for MVV. If you want to know more about this, check out the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) website. Moreover, you will need a residence permit which you can apply for before you move to the Netherlands. When applying, you will be required to indicate your purpose of stay and meet specific requirements. Before coming to work here, being a highly-skilled migrant or having an employer in the Netherlands are two examples of valid reasons for applying. In case you also need MVV, you can apply for that at the same time as your residence permit. Lastly, the Immigration and Naturalisation Service determines whether you meet the conditions or not. If you do, you will receive a residence permit valid for up to 5 years.

Note: If you are granted a residence permit, you should make an appointment at the Dutch embassy or consulate within three months to collect your MVV (if necessary) in the country you are living in now. If you have already arrived in the Netherlands, you should collect your residence permit from an IND office.

visas and work permits in the netherlands

How can your sponsor apply for your residence permit?

Your sponsor, who you mention when applying for a resistance permit, who can be your educational institution, recognized employer, or partner, will need to submit an admission and residence application (TEV) to Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) in the Netherlands. Here is where Payingit International steps in and can help you out. Payingit International is a recognized IND sponsor and certified partner and can help you fulfill all the compulsory IND requirements, making your life easier and the whole moving process less stressful.

What happens to my permit when I change jobs in the Netherlands?

If you are already working in the Netherlands but intend to switch jobs, you have already been through the whole MVV and residence permit procedure once you got your first job and moved to the Netherlands. It might have taken a long time, and you may have experienced it as not the best time in your life—it can be stressful and unsettling. Well, don’t worry. The good news is that you don’t have to go through the same procedure when you change jobs. If we at Payingit International are your future employer, we will inform the IND the same as we would for a new application. We set up all the necessary paperwork and sign the employment agreement with you. We compile all the required documents and notify the IND that you will be working for Payingit International as of x-date. The IND will confirm they have received the notification like they do with all applications. All you have to do is inform IND that your previous employment agreement with your former employer has been terminated.

Ready to move?

At first glance, all this information on moving can be overwhelming and look very time-consuming. But do not let it scare you! Not living in the EU does not make it impossible to move to the Netherlands and enjoy the international culture here. Payingit International can help and support you through each step, no visa-no problem, check out our website to be better informed.

If you want to know more or have any questions about moving and working in the Netherlands or ask our advice on something, please do not hesitate to get in touch at +31 202 252 520 or info@payingit-international.com.

This is a guest article provided by Payingit International