Calculate the maximum mortgage you qualify for in The Netherlands.Calculate
Applying for a Dutch mortgage is a complex task with many aspects to consider. The most important of which may be starting the process with the right amount of know-how. This way you can save time, avoid misunderstandings, and get to what’s important…LIVING!
Types of Mortgages in The Netherlands
- Linear Mortgage – The full mortgage amount is not the same every month (it decreases from month to month). This is because the principle paid every month is the same and the interest paid month to month decreases.
- Annuity Mortgage – The monthly mortgage payment is the same every month. The interest portion being paid decreasese and the principal portion increasing.
The first step when buying a property in the Netherlands is to get an accurate assessment of the price range that fits your budget. By speaking with a specialized mortgage broker, Dutch bank or lender, you are able to streamline the process and go into the Dutch mortgage application process in full confidence. Do keep an eye out for housing seminars/webinars which explain all the steps to buying your own home (also a nice way to meet new people!)
The Mortgage Calculator
Hypotheek Visie has provided a free and easy to use Dutch Mortgage Calculator tool. With it, you can quickly calculate the maximum mortgage you qualify for in the Netherlands.
How it works
- Enter your yearly Salary (“Je bruto jaarinkomen”)
- Provide your age (“Je leeftijd”)
- Enter whether or not you will be buying a property with your partner (“Koop je het huis met je partner?” – Ja: Yes, Nee: No)
- Input any loans, debts or obligations
- Other loans or credits – “
That’s it! the amount you qualify for will appear on the right side of the screen. It will also break the number down into your average monthly payment. Keep in mind this is just an estimate, do consult an actual mortgage broker in order to get a more accurate assessment.