Find the plan that fits your needs with our health insurance in the Netherlands comparison calculator.
Health Insurance in the Netherlands Comparison Calculator
A fundamental right in the Netherlands, access to affordable health insurance is a cornerstone of Dutch society. In the Netherlands, everyone has the right to choose their own insurance provider and plan so it is important to be honest with yourself about your health situation and needs. In order to make the most informed decision of the many providers, we have included this handy health insurance in the Netherlands comparison tool to make your decision easier.
Remember that you must take out a Dutch health insurance plan at risk of ongoing fines. Failing to do so will lead to two fines of €382,50 each. If you remain uninsured for nine months, you will be given mandatory insurance of €134,38 a month.
Type of Health Insurance in the Netherlands
- Basic insurance: Reimburses the most important care like a visit to the GP, ambulance transport, immediate hospital care, and prescriptions.
- Supplemental insurance: Reimburses care that the basic health insurance does not cover like physiotherapy, dentistry, optical care, and pregnancy.
- Restitution policy: Complete freedom to choose your health care where you are not obligated to the list of health care providers from with your insurer.
- In-kind (Natura) policy: In most cases, you won’t have to pay any bills up-front as you use the doctors from your insurer’s list.
How the Health Insurance in the Netherlands Comparison Calculator Works
- Step 1: Choose your preference for plan
- Step 2: Decide your deductible excess (min. €385)
- Step 3: Choose supplemental options (i.e. physiotherapy, birth control, etc.)
- Step 4: Include dental options
- Step 5: Select a preferred provider (if applicable)