All about filing your U.S. Taxes Abroad!Register
Filing Your U.S. Taxes While Living Abroad
Although the U.S. boasts an incredible and innovative economy, beautiful nature and robust opportunities, many Americans decide to live abroad. They can be in search of personal or professional growth, adventure, or to simply retire.
As we know, experiencing a new culture is both exciting and engaging. For most countries, however, once you have left, you cease to become a tax resident and therefore pay no income tax. But, as a U.S. citizen, you are taxed based on your American nationality, not necessarily only where you live. Therefore, as an American living abroad, you must file income taxes and report certain items to the IRS and the U.S. Government.
In this webinar, we’ll walk you through what you need to do in order to comply with U.S. regulations, as well as some tips and tricks to do so efficiently and painlessly.
- Who needs to file U.S. income tax
- Considerations for U.S. expats
- How to file your U.S. income tax Federal & State Tax Returns
- Understanding the basic regulations
- Avoiding double taxation
- Credits from the U.S. government
- Tax planning and tax efficient strategies
- Things to consider when owning Property or a Business in the United States
- Considerations for Digital Nomads
- Considerations for retirees
- The streamline procedure, for those who haven’t filed
- You’re first income tax filing
- Accidental Americans
- Tips & Tricks
Remember that the long arm of Uncle Sam and the IRS is not something which can be ignored, so it’s important to get informed, follow the rules and do everything correctly. In this webinar, we’ll help you with everything you need to know about filing your U.S. tax returns from abroad. So join us for a smooth tax experience!
When & Where
Date: Friday, December 8 2023
Time: 12:00 – 13:00 CET
About the Sponsor
Blue Umbrella is a leading online tax consultancy firm in The Netherlands. They have filed over 13.000 income tax returns for expatriates. Additionally, they have created the Blue Business service: a one-stop shop for all the needs of international entrepreneurs living and working in The Netherlands.