Learn to make the complete traditional Uyghur Lagman (noodle) dish from scratch!Tickets
Uyghur Hand-Pulled Noodle Lagman
We will make the complete traditional Uyghur Lagman (noodle) dish from scratch.
You will be taught how to make and prepare the dough, which you will use to make three kinds of Uyghur pasta. Starting with the most famous one, hand-pulled noodles. You will have lots of fun making the noodles dance, as this is what it is called to hand pull the noodle. You will be walked through every step of the wrapping and pulling technique.
The Uyghur cuisine is obscure in the west, so if you want to surprise and impress your dinner guests, just check the calendar, choose your date, and book it!
Once you booked the experience, You will recieve a message with all the live streaming info and the full ingredients. (PS: Are you a vegetarian? No Worries! Meat is optional in this recipe.)
When & Where
Date: Thursday, March 18 2021
Time: 17:30 – 19:30 (Other Dates Available)
Note: This event is not organized by Expat Republic but via AirBnB Experiences. All attendees MUST book and reserve their space in advance.
What to Bring
- Computer, tablet or smartphone with a stable internet connection. Video and sound on. Enough battery to complete the class, external speaker desirable.
- Bring your favorite drink to enjoy while you join the class.
- Ingredients: all-purpose flour, water, oil, beef, onion, paprika, tomato
- Utensils: knife, cutting board, pan for boiling the noodles, working surface for making noodle, frying pan 1x, mixing bowl, flat plate 2x, spoon to cook, strainer (you can go without but it’s better with)
- Other: kitchen towel, kitchen foil/plastic wrap, chopsticks or fork
- Spices: ginger powder, sichuan pepper, soy sauce, salt