Learn how to start your business in The Netherlands.Register for FREE
Starting a Business in The Netherlands
So you’ve decided to be your own boss (or maybe you already were back home)! The Netherlands is the ideal place to get your own company set up and running! Yet, many expatriates may not always be quite sure about where to start or what to do. From knowing what kind of business to start to setting up its legalities and the legal structure there are lots of things to consider. No worries, Expat Republic and Expat Taxes have got you covered! We’ve put together this very special seminar for you very special (would-be) entrepreneurs.
Starting your own company can be the beginning of the road to a very fulfilled life, loaded with excitement and the sheer love of what you do.
“If you don’t build your own dreams someone else will pay you to build theirs.”
In this seminar we’ll discuss the following:
Basics of Business, Sales & Marketing
- What is a business, and how do you know if you have one?
- The various types of businesses
- Formulating your value proposition (and selling on value, not price!)
- Understanding the market and distinguishing yourself
- Competition is your friend
- Setting goals and having a plan
- Getting your first customers (and understanding who your customer is)
- Basics of Sales, Marketing & Branding
- Do you have the right marketing mix?
- The myth of “selling itself”
- Doing Business in The Netherlands
- Dutch Business Climate and Practices
- Finances & Legal Structure
Dutch business entities and structures
- Tax & Legal aspects of starting a business (ZZP/eenmanszaak, partnership and BV)
- Freelancer or not from a tax and legal perspective
- International tax aspects of freelancing
- Cash flow management
- Financing and surviving the starting period of your business
- International tax aspects for international freelancers
- Basics of good Book Keeping and Accounting Practices
- 14:00 – 15:30: Seminar
- 15:30 – 16:00: Q&A
- 16:00 – 16:30: Networking
- When: Saturday, 30 November 2019
- Time: 14:00 – 16:00
- Where: House of Watt | 73 James Wattstraat | Amsterdam
- Registration: FREE – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/starting-a-business-in-the-netherlands-tickets-77627137859
About the Speakers
Vincent van Wijgerden is a partner at GVN, Expat Taxes and has helped countless expatriates set up their companies and address their tax needs in the Netherlands and abroad. He has given lectures at Erasmus University Rotterdam and is a renowned expert in the field of taxes.
Karim Sabri owns and operates Expat Republic, a Dutch-based media company helping and entertaining expatriates in The Netherlands since 2011. Karim holds an engineering degree from McGill University and is passionate about sales, marketing and business.