submerge yourself in the authentic Mexican street food culture with a step-by-step taco cooking class!Book Your Spot
Make Mexican Street Tacos With a Pro Chef
This online experience offers a unique opportunity to submerge yourself in the authentic Mexican street food culture with a step-by-step taco cooking class!
Learn to cook a true Mexican street taco from scratch and all its parts. In the first half-hour, we will have a small meet and greet and our Mexican taco recipe overview. In the next hour, we will guide you in preparing a traditional red salsa, taco filling, and flour tortillas. Our experience includes practical recipes that you can easily follow at home and cook for your beloved ones. Vegan options are available.
When & Where
Date: Sunday, April 11 2021
Time: 13:30 – 15:00 (Other Dates & Times Available)
Note: This event is not organized by Expat Republic but via AirBnB Experiences. All attendees MUST book and reserve their space in advance.
What to Bring
- Computer, tablet or smartphone with a stable internet connection. Video and sound on. Enough battery to complete the class, external speaker desirable.
- If you’re not cooking this time, bring your favorite drink and snack to enjoy while you join the class.
- If you’d like to cook with us, these are the ingredients and utensils you’ll need. Yields: 8 tacos approx. size 6” width. Don’t worry if you don’t have everything—let us know and we’ll work around it. You only need to pre chop 5 ingredients.
- Taco ingredients: 1 pound chopped beef meat (thin small cuts or grounded) [Vegan substitutions: chopped mushrooms]; 2 slices raw chopped bacon (optional); 2 tablespoon vegetable oil; 3/4 cup chopped onion; 1 bell pepper diced = 1 cup
- Tortilla ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour; 1 + 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil [Alternatives: pork lard or butter]; 1/3 cup hot water; 1 teaspoon of salt, extra flour to dust your counter
- Red salsa ingredients (don´t chop): 1 or 2 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeño pepper [Alternative: 1 or 2 dry chilies or chili flakes or powder]; 1 red roma tomato; 1 garlic clove peeled; salt to taste
- Garnish ingredients (to taste): 2 limes; 1/2 cup chopped onion; 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves; avocado slices (optional)
- Taco utensils: 1 frying pan and a spoon
- Flour tortilla utensils: 1 bowl; 1 rolling pin or glass bottle; 1 flat pan, 1 kitchen towel
- Red salsa utensils: 1 small pot with 3 cups hot water; 1 cutting board; 1 knife; 1 fork, 1 blender or molcajete or bowl with fork