All the important stuff you need to know about Dutch labor law and employment contracts. Not to be missed!Register
Dutch Employment Contract, Employee Rights & Labor Law
One of the main hurdles’ internationals & expats face when moving and working in The Netherlands is understanding their rights and navigating Dutch labor law. In this webinar, we will delve into the main things you need to know to protect your rights as an employee, as well as the best practices to do so. Remember, the more you know, the better a position you will be to make the decisions that benefit you.
In this special webinar, we will cover the following:
- Employment contracts – what am I signing?
- Changing my employment
- Vacation & sick leave
- Side jobs or freelancing
- Non-competition clauses
- Dismissal law – a lawyers’ Walhalla
- Non-solicitation clauses
- Liquidated damages and damages clauses
- Salary negotiations and fair wages
- UVW and unemployment law
- The workers’ counsel
- What happens when your employer is sold?
- Terminating or rescinding your employment contract
- Suing your employer – five simple steps
- Case studies and examples
- Common mistakes expats make
- Best practices for expats
It’s not uncommon that expats get confused or, even worse yet, taken advantage of because they don’t know the rules, rights, or their obligations. Furthermore, internationals are afraid to get into litigation, get legal support, or take an employer to court because they may not know the system. Doing this in Dutch is even scarier. Join us for this free webinar as we help you navigate this intricate, employee-friendly legal system!
- Presentation by Ronald M. Beltzer & Tessa R. Lust, specialist lawyers at Flott Advocaten – 19:00 – 20:00
- Q&A session (ask anything): 20:00 – 20:30
About the speaker
Flott stands for strength, courage, flexibility and elegance. That’s how we like to operate. We are your employment law partner in the broadest sense of the word. Communication with you is key. Whether it concerns complex reorganization processes involving trade unions and works councils, drafting employment conditions or an employment dispute: the Flott team will assist you with advice and assistance. With jointly half a century of experience, we guarantee a practical, smooth and flexible working method.
Although we master the entire area of employment law at a top-level, we are known for the specializations reorganizations, flexible work, working conditions and dismissal law.