Not sure how to get started with investing? Learn the basics of investing in this one of a kind seminar!Register for FREE
Basics of Investing Seminar
Death, taxes and the sun rising are, for the moment, the only things certain in life. One thing that is not certain is how wealthy or financially successful you will be in your lifetime.
With housing prices, an aging population, and inflation on the rise, the need to secure your future has never been greater. Come time to retire, pension funds around the world will be under tremendous pressure and it’s very likely that they will be insufficient/unsubstantial to provide enough for your retirement.
There are, however, lots of things you can do to ensure financial success and to build wealth for the future: namely investing. The problem is that many expatriates or internationals hesitate because they don’t know how or where to start or what to do. This seminar explores the basics of investing and how you can get started with investing or grow/reshape your portfolio. We will dive into the following topics:
The Basics: The investment mindset. Why invest anyways?
What makes up a portfolio?
- What is a stock?
- What is a bond?
- What is a money market instrument?
- What is a commodity?
- Other forms of investments
- Portfolio diversification and risk
- What are the different strategies for investing?
- What is a mutual fund?
- What is an exchange-traded fund (ETF)?
The challenges expatriates face when investing
- Lack of knowledge of investing and markets
- Multiple pensions, currencies, and cross border assets
- How to address these challenges
- How to get started and where to go
- Where to go and how to invest
- Online vs. Broker
- Timing the market
- How much should you invest and how often based on your needs
- 19:00 – 20:00 – Luke Staden Presentation & Workshop
- 20:00 – 20:30 – Q&A Session with Luke: 20:00 – 20:30
- 20:30 – onwards – Networking and drinks
When: Wednesday, 13 November
Where: House of Watt | 73 James Wattstraat | Amsterdam
When: 19:00 – 21:00
About the Speaker
Luke Staden is a licensed financial advisor with extensive experience in the Dutch, German and UK markets and has helped many expatriates plan their financial future. He is passionate about investing and even more so about helping internationals reach their financial goals & dreams!